Sunday 6 March 2011

Dystopian wars: FSA Frigate colour trial

A week ago I brought the Dystopian wars Federated States of America (FSA) Navel battle group box set. Only a week in and I have already finished the tiny plane tiles and so it was time to start with the paddle ships.

I thought I would start with the frigates because these were the smallest and therefore the best to see what the colour scheme would look like.

The original plan was to go for a blue-grey - yellow combination to represent to southern states. However when it can to put brush to model I forgot all about this and went straight for a green-grey look like the colour scheme represented on the box lid.


I elected to mount the ships on card for two main reasons:
1) I had some spare plastic-card
2) I thought it would protect the paint on the ship, when I pick it up with greasy fingers.

I cut the card 5mm wider than the ship on each side of the model. The sea is represented by putting on a little PVA glue which was then brushed off to leave stripes. You can see the wet state above. This was not massively successful, but it is very quick.

I will run through a quick WIP on the next lot of ships I paint.

All considered, I am very happy with the look of the ship and I look forward to painting the rest of the fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails