Sunday 24 January 2010

Week 3: A go at Crypt ghouls


After spending the first two weeks with Chaos warhounds I thought that it was time to try my hand with a little Vampire Counts. Cypt ghouls feature in both of my vampire counts armies, so the logical conclusion was to have a go at them.
The Vampire counts book states that these are living creatures and that "their skin is dark and filthy, their eyes bestial and insane, and their snarling lips reveal sharp pointed teeth". I therefore decided that I wanted these figures to look as if they had never washed, but I wanted them to look alive.


I went for a brown / grey look with a number of washes to create a dirty look. I have then added red washes around the elbows, knees and heels to try and make them look a little alive, from frail.
The colours kind of work on my painting table, but I don't appear able to take a decent photo of them...
Only managed to get 10 figures painted this week. That makes a grand total of 50 painting points in three weeks. The target was (3x16) 48, so I'm ahead of programme, but I only can see myself painting 10 next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails