Thursday 7 January 2010

This years plan

OK; Its time to decide what I want to do in 2010.

To this end I asked a friend of mine to pull together a 2000 point Warhammer Fantasy list for me for an army that would be competitive. He outdid himself and produced five lists. I liked the look of them and have decided that I would like to have a go at painting up four of the lists in a year. Two Vampire counts and two Warriors of Chaos armies (one of which is just a bit of fun). Therefore I need to buy, assemble and paint the following...

1 Vampire Lord, 1 wight king (with banner) on skeletal steed, 1 wight king on skeletal steed, 50 skeletons, 70 crypt ghouls (included in more than one list), 4 bat swarms, 15 grave guard, 5 Black knights, 5 fell bats, 1 vampire lord on nightmare, 1 vampire with banner, another vampire, 7 dire wolves, a Varghulf, 5 blood knights and 40 odd zombies (not included in lists but can be generated/called).

1 Kholek suneater, 1 King Throgg, 12 trolls, 4 dragon ogres (included in more than one list), 1 chaos spawn, 1 giant, 2 scorcerer lord on chaos steed, 18 marauder horsemen, 17 chaos warhounds and 10 chaos knights.

I need a way of monitoring progress, so have decided the following; each model is worth a number of "painting points" equal to its unit strength squared. So a zombie is worth 1 point, whilst mounted cavalry is worth 4 and a troll 9. This system may not be perfect, but it gives me a chance to judge how I am getting on.

Based on this and assuming a 50 week year, I need to complete 16 points of painting a week.

Maybe this is more than I can cope with, but I wont know until I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails