Friday 6 January 2012

New year target

It has been a busy Christmas period, but now it is time to return to real life.


At new year it is traditional to set yourself a new year resolution; and I am no different. In previous years I have set myself challenging new year targets.

In 2010 I tried to paint three armies in a year. This was roughly 15 figures a week. Needless to say I failed.

In 2011 I set myself a target of ending the year with less unpainted figures than I started it with. I blame the Internet. A quiet five minutes and I pay a little visit to the web and minutes later I have an order for yet more shiny metal.....

So in 2012, it is time to set myself a target I have some chance of achieving. I have decided to attend a full proper tournament and to tidy up my Empire army enough so that I am not embarrassed to present them at the tournament.

This seams more achievable.

To achieve this I first needed to find a place to play. After a tour of the web I have decided to attend The Polish Sausage Warhammer team event at Maelstrom Games in Mansfield UK. It is a team event at the back end of February. This should just about give me enough time to finish the army and to pull together the three other players I need to go with me. I have asked around my local club and I have plenty of interest and have one player committed. Just two more required.

The next step is to decide on a list. After a few hours reading the forums and with my own knowledge of the Empire I have decided on the following list.

Arch Lector with sword of battle, Dawn armour, Dragonbane Gem & Van Horstmans spectrum

Battle standard bearer with Armour of Meteoric Iron

Naked Master Engineer

Captain on Pegasus with Dragonhelm, Luckstone & crown of command.

Two level two Wizards (One fire with dispel scroll & one Shadow with rod of power)

Two units of Halberdiers (1 of 29, 1 of 30) both with full command

30 swordsmen with full command and 9 handgunners

30 Greatswords with full command and 9 handgunners

A mortar, cannon, Helblaster Volley gun and a steam tank.

I have most of these but I still need to get 50 halberdiers, 10 greatswords and I will take the opportunity to refresh my character models.

My preferred style of play with the Empire is to sit back a bit and then try and dominate the centre ground. I hope that this list will work with that.

No doubt I will change the list and probably rage quit many times between now and the tournament, but I need a starting point.

Now to visit the web and buy some figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails