Tuesday 21 June 2011

Skaven Warp lightning cannons: Two, because one is just not enough.

Last time I posted I was desperately trying to work out how to paint the inside faces of the frames. If only I had the advice of the blog-sphere and painted the beast before I assembled it.

Another problem area was the green shaft of the cannon barrel. I managed to paint some lightning bolt effects, but it would have been a lot simpler if I had painted before assembly. The remainder of the painting was relatively simple, but I had not realised just how much metal-work details there was to paint. 

The wood colour is my go to combination of scorched brown, drybrushed bestial brown. Edge and prominent wood grains are carefully picked out in vomit brown and then a mix of Vomit brown and fortress grey. I then place a few washes of various colours before picking out the significant grains again.

Clicking on the pictures should give larger versions.

Since the cannon crew are just used as wound markers, I have fixed one to each of the cannons and then based up the remaining four.

All of the Skaven in this army dress according to their relative status. The cannon crew are very low ranking and so have a very dirty looking rags. The clan rats have a beige rag outfit and characters wear white.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.


1 comment:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it
    or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little
    bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog.
    An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

    Take a look at my site - top search engine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails