Tuesday 28 June 2011

Mulg in red; he does not look happy about it

Lets face facts, Mulg the ancient is not a happy troll...

So angry is he that he has had runes carved in his own back. He focuses his rage through these runes.

With this in mind, I was carefull to keep that anger evident when painting him.

I was asked to paint this chap for a friend at my gaming club and was grateful that I was able to go down a red skin colour route. The worry was that by painting him blue, he just looks a little too peaceful. I have tried to accentuate the anger in the red by highlighting up through orange. I went lighter still with the trolls veins by adding vomit brown into the mix.


I tried to paint bright green into the runes after completing the painting of the model. In hindsight this was a mistake and I ended up daubing on patches of bright green in the rune vicinity and then painting the rocks back on. Oh well, you live and learn.


I quite enjoyed painting the club. I elected to maintain this as a well worn light coloured wood. The advantage of this was that it would accentuate the skin. I therefore choose to keep to a colour scheme very similar to the skirt that the troll wears.

Hope you like him..

(please excuse washed out photos, I clearly got the camera settings wrong)...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails