Thursday 25 March 2010

Week 12; One slice of Cow or two?

It has spent some time on the back burner, but at long last the Varghulf is complete. Apologies to goblin1980 for obviously ripping off his idea, but it looked so nice that I wanted to have a go...

This is the first time I have tried to create anything imaginative with GWs water effects and I found it a lot easier than I thought it would be. The blood / gore effect was created by wrapping two small lengths of fuse wire around the painted claw so that I had four bits hanging down. I then mixed a small amount of water effect with a suitably bright red paint and dabbed it on. Leave to dry and repeat. This worked a lot better than I expected it to (experience has taught me to be disappointed after the first attempt).


The cow comes straight off the giant kit and required very little work other than bending the tail and cutting a small gash in its side. I filed the gash with pva and then dabbed in the same water effects as the claw blood. Easy again.
I hope you enjoy the overall effect. I am quite pleased with it. Maybe next time I will try a little more imagination...

I am still 10 painting points behind my painting target and on my painting table sit marauder horsemen. Last time I tried these, they look longer than I hoped, so it does not look likely that I be catching up on the schedule any time yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails