Sunday 16 May 2010

Week 18: The grave has a guard

The previous week was a disaster with only shields to show for a weeks effort, so this week I am pleased to report that I have managed to finish a complete unit of figures....

The colour scheme has been chosen to match units of skeletons that I have already completed. This means green, green and more green. I opted to keep the greens on the shields and the clothing quite dark with little in the way of highlights. The reason for this is that I wanted the swords to stand out a little.  


The grave guard wights weapons are magical and have killing blow. I have an awfull memory when playing the game, so I wanted some simple way of reminding myself of these properties. I started with a blue colour, but this did not look "undead" enough for the look I wanted. I therefore tried green, but was concerned that they would just get lost in the look of the unit. 

I may yet gloss varnish the swords to make them shine more...

The standard has been taken from an Ogre unit. I just didn't like the grave guard standard and wanted something which had size and a ragged look. The problem with this standard is that it needed raising quite a lot otherwise it just would not rank. I have used a stiff paper clip for this after the first attempt with using plastic standard posts glued together failed.




1 comment:

  1. I love the look on these guard. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails