Thursday 18 February 2010

Week 7: A pile of bones

Week 7 has come and gone and all I have to show for it is a small pile of bones. Nicely piled in skeleton form of course, but just a pile of bones non-the-less. I have decided to try and stay away from red colour schemes because I have seen too many red skeleton units. Besides I quite like the green colour as a contrast to the yellow (ish) bones colour.



I found these to be some of the most fun figures to assemble because I just tipped out my bits box and had a play. Two of the chaps above have armour from cold one riders. I wanted the bones to maintain the same dirty look of the ghoul units and I thought it important for them to look as if they had spent some time buried in the ground. 
I had some fun trying to reproduce a rusty look. I hope it worked. The base above is four wide and may help make casualty removal easier. It includes bits from dryad, ghoul and chaos marauder sprues. Hopefully it adds a bit of fun to the unit.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work- the rust effect looks nice and grimey!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails