Tuesday 2 February 2010

Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition

It appears that everyone has a view on what they would like to see in the new rules, so I thought I would record my wish-list. I love the game and I don't want dramatic changes, they are just not needed. I do, however have concerns about the odd little thing
1. Fear
It is not that I dislike the current fear rule, I just think that it is a little too powerful at times. An autobreak when outnumbered is just too strong. Maybe keep the auto break - unless you roll double 1 - for the first turn of combat (the shock of combat against a unit that scares you), thereafter just modify your leadership by the amount you are outnumbered. Some armies need fear, quite rightly, so it should not be dumbed down too far. It just needs a little softening.
2. Missions
I have played a lot of Flames of war in the past couple of years, one of the best features of this game is that it has some great missions that reward thinking on the hoof and, not to put too fine a point on it, good general ship. These missions would also make scenery significant. At the moment it becomes a bit of an irrelevance at times.
3. Cannons
As it stands, the best use of my cannons is as a sniper weapon to kill off enemy characters in units. In one game I shot three cannons at a Vampire count general and killed him in the first round. Admittedly he had to fail a look-out roll, but it was a little too easy.
4. Autokilling Chariots.
There are just too many units that can deliver strength 7 hits now. It makes chariots a poor choice.
Just my thoughts. probably best that I'm not involved in the re-write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails